I’m thankful for countless joys in my life. Here are just some of the key ones I savor:
1. Coming home each day to my husband and two children…and enjoying their company.
2. Being greeted by our two dogs wagging their tails because they’re so excited to see me.
3. The memory of the first time my son was able to reach up and hold my hand with his little hand and walk with me.
4. The warm sun on my face.
5. Countless sunsets on warm days on the ocean.
6. Full belly laughter.
7. My mother’s willingness to look at her mistakes and apologize.
8. A great steak and potato dinner.
9. My mom’s baked ziti.
10. Watching my children play soccer.
11. An open field on a warm, sunny day with blue skies.
12. Lying on my back and watching the clouds drawing pictures in the sky.
13. A long hot shower.
14. A day at the beach.
15. A wild game of paddleball with my kids…and winning.
16. Singing to Meat Loaf’s “Paradise By The Dashboard Light” at the top of my lungs.
17. Playing in the Division I Collegiate Final Four Soccer Tournament freshman year of college.
18. Laughing with my children at the silliest things over the years—and having that continue today in their teen years.
19. Having a family to spend Thanksgiving with.
20. Summer vacations at Martha’s Vineyard.
21. Spending a weekend in Martha’s Vineyard with close friends.
22. Getting loving texts from the people I love.
23. Those moments when I knew I did it right…especially when that was not the easiest decision.
24. My amazing readers and facebook followers who are striving for better relationships.
25. Lying on a sled with my children late at night and looking at the stars.
26. I’m thankful to be alive.
There are so many joys in life that sometimes we simply forget how fortunate we are and have been. I thank each and every one of you for your support throughout the years. Your support, comments and questions continue to inspire me to write, think and create. I thank you whole-heartedly for joining me on this journey.
I encourage you all to take the time to tune into all the joys you’ve experienced in your lifetime. Too often we get caught up in all the things we don’t have, can’t do or are annoyed by. We forget about all the day-to-day blessings in our lives.
Challenge: This Thanksgiving take the time to be thankful. Make your list, give thanks and keep things in perspective.